8.6.09

Updates from the sidelines

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've had a lot on my mind. This may turn into a "thinky" post, so watch your step with the ellipses and mind the gap.

Still working. Life's still ... half working. We're hitting a slow spot at work in terms of the "development life cycle" (not the best picture). We're stuck in design, as this is a large project, and there are still a lot of things we haven't talked about yet.

I mean... we did go through the cycle once, and got our first super-rough test site up. The basics work, but now it's time to move on to a lot of other things. Our basic functionality is there, but all of the other "basic" functionality people seem to want needs to be implemented, but first, designed, and that's where the difficulties are.

All of this just leads up to the fact that I'm not too enthralled by work right now (hence, writing a blog post). And I still have to be here and wake up and be tired and all that big band. People being home means that I spend all my time seeing them, and I'm ... well, I'm still in school mode, specifically school mode without constant companions. I'm used to having and taking personal time whenever I feel like it. And I'm not used to people planning things -- the folks I started hanging out with at the end of the year just called and we did stuff, there was no planing stage.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging out with friends, and seeing people. In fact, I've started getting lonely when I don't see people, and then my "must be independent of all people, ideas and objects" psyche feasts on that and forces me into deeper troughs of loneliness.

Last week was really difficult for me. If you know emotional difficulty, fill in the blank.

This all leads up to a friend telling me to "cheer up, emo wench!" Which makes more sense in context, but it was still sort of not what I thought I needed to hear. It did work though. I felt much better that day, and in subsequent days.

So I guess ... thanks for startling me into trying to fix my life? Turns out you know me better than I do.

4 comments:

  1. Did someone actually say "Cheer up, emo wench?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, it made a lot more sense in context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all, yay for posting again!!
    sorry work isn't going well right now, that's never fun, especially in the summer time. hang in there, colin. you'll sort yourself out, you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things I do for/to you.

    <3

    Least you weren't the Wrench Wench again.

    ReplyDelete