29.9.08

The no-place of an ache dangles body all around it

It's interesting how we just let stuff go by sometimes, pieces of our lives. We'll get to it later, right? That's the intention, but will it ever happen? I'd really like to play banjo, or buy that mandolin on goingToday, but I don't have time, and I won't buy it, because I have other things in my life that I need the money for: coffee, food, and most importantly seeing Angie.

It's interesting how we live with situations that we don't enjoy, just because we think we have to. It's something that's so ingrained in us, it's no wonder that Evie has to almost die before she's free. What is freedom? It doesn't have a face, or a concrete image: is that because you can't define it so basely, or because we don't have a real example to give to it? What is freedom, but a lack of shackles?

And what of it? Is choice not its own prison?

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to be your shackles, and I don't want you to deny yourself things you want because of me. Being apart is hard enough - you shouldn't have to cut back on things you love, too. :(

    Unshackled or not, some people are never free, because they never leave their cell even if the door is wide open for them. And some people break their shackles and bust down the door. It all depends on who you are.

    And I love you, and stuff. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freedom is conceptual, so for some people it never exists. Like me.

    ReplyDelete