28.4.09

This is madness! No, this is GNOME!

Thanks to Shilad, my gtk/gdk issue has been resolved, and I can move on to the actually important part of the project: making it pretty!. To give you an idea of the hackiness required, here's a short sample of C code:

GdkWindow *songwin = ((struct _GtkWidget *)songapp)->window;


Bear in mind that there are supposedly functions to do this, but we either couldn't find them or could find them and found they didn't work anyways, depending on our microversion of Gtk+. Also, my "short sample" might give you the impression that the program is long, however, that is not the case. It's actually only 14 lines, including the main statement and separate lines for braces, once you take out the comments full of false starts and errors. That number also includes debugging print statements. =P

I have another super busy day today, but it will also be productive, hopefully. I no longer have any food in my apartment except Cheerios, and even then, no milk. I also have no time to go grocery shopping. My choice this morning was grocery shopping or eating lunch. Lunch was delicious, but I am questioning my choice in terms of future value.

1 comment:

  1. why do you get to do cool things? I want to do cool things :-)

    ReplyDelete