27.1.09

Day Two: Crooks

Title's in reference to the last post. Guess I should get that out of the way. No workout today, my calves were super sore from the run yesterday, but not until my first 3 hour block of class.

First day of classes were good - my workload is going to be pretty steady but not too bad. Jeff Shotts was amusing. Digital Electronics was overwhelming ("here, physics 1 in a half hour"). Operating Systems was bash terminal and pleading for kernel hacking later. Multi was... I dunno, profs amusing; he's from Texas, and he's got a nice soft accent. Lotta Doomtree today. "Hope don't float, hope sinks low" and all that. It's been an up and down kind of day.

Breakfast: Cheerios and milk, banana.
Lunch: Late, sandwich sans bread (went bad today - like, white mold bad); makes up for yesterday's first lunch.
Snack: Dried mango. Tasty. Will be having more of that tomorrow.
Dinner: CHILI. I had it in the slow cooker all day, smelled amazing. It was delicious, I used beef and a mix of dark and red kidney beans, so it had a great hearty taste. Cumin, oregano, chili powder and garlic salt brought the taste of the individual pieces out really well too. A tad spicy, just how I like it. I didn't even bother having anything else with this.
Cups of coffee: 1.
Cups of tea: .5

6 comments:

  1. Dried mango was absolutely one of my favourite snacks when I was in Korea. It's so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how you reach kernel hacking from bash terminal, but enjoy it. I'm thinking OS will be my favorite class :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My diet is slowly becoming more and more entirely composed of a tea. You seem to also be consuming large amounts of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, tea shouldn't have an "a" in front of it. It's the morning. I can't do anything in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @seoulless :D

    @summatusmentis I should have been more specific: bash was what we did yesterday (so old hat), in the future we may do kernel hacking, but he's not sure yet, so we were pushing for it.

    @tasha I'm not consuming that much tea... for example, on the day you're commenting on, I had a half a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for breakfast! and chilli, that sounds awesome. i wanna have something amazing like that when i drag my body home at 6:30 tomorrow night... glad you foudn shotts amusing, that's probably the best word for him. i don't even knwo what to say about physics in 30 min, that's jsut dizzying.

    ReplyDelete