5.2.09

Gedichte des Donnerstags

Tasha wanted me to write a poem.
Right, I said, slowly, drawn out the way you
draw out a line when you aren't sure what to
do with it. Or where it's getting to.

She said, where is your poem for today?,
As if the day owed her a song. One bit
She could bite into on her way to bed,
Broken before breakfast bridges night to day.

"Wake up and write a poem": awakened is
What I am every moment, from sun rise to
Noon tides to chest rise to breath out;
Awake is asking what the day is for.

The day is for revealing your ace, so show 'em:
Here's an unrhymed sonnet for you Tasha, a poem.

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful, inspired poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I quite like it too, and it isn't to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee, fabulous. it could even be an ars poetica. maybe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::snerk:: They have a point - it's actually very well-written. Apparently you're inspired when grumpy.

    ::...whistles 'Long Song' by Sarah Bareilles before dodging under the bed::

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, I told you it was wonderful and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well-written, inspired w/e or not, it's not something I'd ever publish, ever.

    Also, wtf is Long Song or ars poetica?

    ReplyDelete