3.2.09

Days 6 and 7

Day 6: Carleton
I went and visited Danny in Carleton this day, so unfortunately I haven't exercised since last Thursday. :( But such is life. Did a lot of homework.
Breakfast: Cheerios and Milk, Orange Juice.
Dinner: Lasagna and Salad.
Cups of tea: 1.5
Cups of coffee: 0.

Day 7: Never Better
This was a long day. Up at 9 for class, in class until 1:00, then class again at 7 until 9, and then the Never Better release show at midnight. I was working on homework pretty much the entire time too. The only time I wasn't doing class or homework was right before the show playing halo at David's.
Breakfast: Orange juice. We're out of milk....
Snack: Dehydrated cherries. <-- not as good as I'd hoped. =\
Lunch: Chicken breast sandwich meat (bread went bad) and cold pizza. Yum. I <3 cold pizza.
Dinner: Ham and Brie sandwich from Dunn's, as I'm pretty much out of food and really hungry. I'm also trying not to eat pig products, because they're actually quite smart creatures and they get raised in really shitty habitats for butchering, but ham is hard to avoid. Pork I've done a nice job of though.

6 comments:

  1. would like to point out, and this is not evangelization: most animals raised for slaughter are raised in really shitty environments.

    Intelligence is a different story, but it very much is possible to avoid meat products of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. Almost all animals raised for a commercialized purpose are raised in shitty environments. Period.

    The thing is, I can't not eat meat. I like the taste of it too much, and as you can see I'm pretty bad at getting my veggies as it is. My body also needs a lot of protein to keep going, and I really don't like nuts. On the intellectual side of it, I'm right there with you, I just can't physically give it up. I try to minimize my effect by buying naturally raised animal products (humane is too much a stretch, considering) and limiting my use of products made from animal byproducts, like the Vitamin D they keep trying to put in my oj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to go vegetarian once and it kind of failed, so I definitely understand where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i had been at the midnight release. gonna hunt around camden for it this week...

    i love meat, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colin, do you have an undying need to consume ham? Because I haven't heard of anyone put the pig on the pedestal as you just did. And I haven't eaten ham since before I came to Morris, not by choice, it just isn't something I crave or cook very often. I find I am more of a vegetarian at school out of the fact that meat is more expensive than not. Roasts and ground beef in somewhat large quantities (for chili per say) are really the only reason I buy meat. Peanut butter is my great source of protein and (as I did yesterday) if I eat it on celery or an apple, it is a veggie and more delicious at the same time.
    And since I'm on the subject of animals and eating them, in one of my classes we talked about how a large population doesn't even truly realize that when they eat meat, it came from an animal. Society has processed animals so much that we have become disassociated with them. If you think about it, it's true.
    Just in case you were wondering what I thought :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ham is hard to avoid, that's all. It's a matter of ease of living in this meat consuming society vs. being conscientious of what I'm doing. Piggies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete