25.1.09

I hate quoting myself, especially quoting things I've written. However, despite that, to quote, "I'm dying of fright over here."

That last part pretty much sums up my feelings at the moment. I'm pretty desperate for movement, pretty desperate for coolant, 'cause I got too much fire and only action can fuel it.

See there I go again. It's midnight, I'm playing the blues, and that's how I feel.

I just sang along with Freak Out Squares. If you know who Building Better Bombs are, you'll understand that "sang" is not the operative imperfect past-tense verb to use here. Screamed, howled, exploded would all be more descriptive words, prescripted curs cut out to purrs, took off like the blur, lured by bad evidence, dropped like Challenger residents.

Do you understand the problem? To the left of my computer I can see my iPod, my grocery list, an empty bottle of Guinness, extra stout, two CDs. To the right is Claritin, two guitar picks, a half-empty cup of coffee and my mouse.

I'm stuck between stations, not with a Hold Steady kind of patience, and not the ISS, good gracious.

It's been a weird couple of days. I really miss my girlfriend.

3 comments:

  1. Come visit me in awkward Knox land. It will be fun. I'm drunl .Kist so youi knw. I probvly coudl correct my typign, but I'm too drunk to cxar.e I had a good night. YOu and Jenny could come and we cuuld hacv e fun! Yeh1 for yheah! But I typd good the first sentecne fo now it seems like I aman bttype wl but I'm not, but I dob't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after the description of your table's layout, yes, I see the problem. I'd say go walking if I wasn't afraid of it dipping down to below twenty again. It will get better by tomorrow. Or at least you'll be busy enough that thinking time will lessen, which is always dangerous for you. draw more, maybe? that's safe-ish.

    ReplyDelete