25.1.09

Day One: Cooks

Things! To discuss! Sane things ... I know, I'm lying, bare with me. Anyways, I just spent the day away from my computer, due to my eyes getting sore (and possibly irritated) from looking at the screen too much over the past week. School starts tomorrow as well, and considering that three of my classes are effectively centered around the computer, I needed a break. As you can probably see from my last post. Gur.

Anyways, taking a leaf from Washington's book (the Hill, not George), I am starting an Activity Log, by which I mean a, when I worked out and what I ate today log. But Colin? What does this have to do with Obama?--Nothing! However, the standard prescription is "oversight", so that's what I'm doing here - you guys are the oversight. The Audience. Der Zuschauer. Jamie will think about spectacle, but ho! There is none of that business here.

So, today. I ran a 5k today (3.1 miles) in 21:30. Great! But it was on an elliptical, which is not actually the same as running a 5k. Shucks. But it's better than the 1 mile I could do two days ago. I also lifted today; yesterday was my day off and I was S-O-R-E. I'm still sore, but happily worn out. Like a dog. With a ball. My plan is to lift Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and run at least those days as well, but with an option for more.

Here's my food for today. I'm trying to list it out so that I eat better, because if I show it to people, I know they would tell me to eat better.

Breakfast: ...whoops. Not a good start.
Lunch: ... bread?
Lunch, Take 2: Chicken breast sandwich with pepperjack, and a banana. Yum.
Dinner: Bowtie pasta with red sauce and fried Italian sausage, and water.
Snack, later: Probably either bell pepper or fig newtons.
Cups of coffee: 2.5, working on more, don't worry.
Cups of tea: 0.

School starts tomorrow! Finally! Yay!!!

3 comments:

  1. I frequently attempt to keep an activity log. It usually fails because I always write down my weight too and I get crabby when I don't lose anything. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should eat more vegetables :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should eat breakfast.
    but props for exercizing. natalie (scary sword lady) will like you a lot more than she likes me. tho i been practicing. your high energy scares me just a titch, but i spose it's a good change up. bon chance with the new classes!

    ReplyDelete